Thursday, November 17, 2011

Red Thunder

I slowly pull the blade across my face and the infant Red Thunder screams.
It's getting to be winter again, and he wants out.
Red Thunder.
Thick, curly, burgundy. 
With the blue eyes and brown hair the effect is disconcerting. 
Like a mongrel dog with two-colored eyes.
Men fear it. (You can't trust a man with such confused genetics.  He could be hiding anything in there, a switchblade, a tazer, or simply a bottle of scotch)
The women adore it. (For many of the same reasons)
But I fear the New Regime at work, and doubt Red Thunder would pass a background check.
So I keep him hidden, my love and expression taking a backseat to eating.
Just another victim of the Oppressive Culture.
Maybe I should picket.

16 comments:

  1. You're a fellow ginger or as I like to say strawberry blonde?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get this, but I love the wording and the imagry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thick, curly, burgundy. those descriptors say so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Occupy Allen's Beard!!

    Sorry that the man's keeping you down, man. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, he often posts weird stuff. I'd be used to it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picket, but bring people with you. They don't need to know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah but I love a man with a beard. Picketing is a bloody waste of time. If no one shops at all on Black Friday the banks and the government will hear that message and respond. There is no free market economy when consumers participate in their own enslavement. End of rant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many revolutions have begun by revolutionaries, who have smuggled insurrectionists into Walmart on Black Friday, inside their impressive beards. Just ask Che Guevara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you pick it, it'll never heal.
    Oh, you said 'picket.'
    Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever. On a side note, I'm a huge fan of straight razor shaves.

    Looking to buy some stuff for home use, but didn't realize how complex it is. There's an actual forum dedicated to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for a good reason to picket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Movember is almost done, you can shave soon.

    ReplyDelete